PICS Telecom is pleased to announce that our Rochester, NY location has been officially and newly certified to the ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards. We have also been certified to the upgraded R2/2013 standard. These are developments that we are honored to have achieved as they set PICS apart from our competition not only in capability but also in environmental responsibility. They are not easy achievements. However, our scrap and recycling team championed the efforts to accomplish these goals, and the rest of the PICS family is proud of their work!
There comes a time when all good things must come to an end. In the telecom industry, removing those obsolete switches, data centers, and transmission networks can be harder to dispose of than it is lead to believe. Especially if you factor in the correct method of procedure; using the green initiatives. Working with companies that are R2 and ISO certified is highly recommended.
More and more companies that are recycling telecom equipment receive credits for properly disposing there surplus and idle assets. Government and state agencies can give green credits to help the lowering of taxes, low interest loans etc.
Outsourcing your DE installation to qualified vendors will most likely not only save you money and time; it will correlate within the proper way to recycle equipment through the green procedure.
If you have equipment that is powered down and sitting on site. Here are some overviews that a company Removing your obsolete gear should include: Overall project management, facilities engineering (SOW/MOPS), data, premise cabling and facility infrastructure (power & HVAC).
Recently I have had a lot of success working with companies in helping them identifying upcoming de-installation projects and tailoring an approach that best fits their needs. You know not every company is built the same way with infrastructure. Assessing and analyzing customer’s specific needs through a series of options that best fits customer needs for removal of assets and still generating the highest return on their investment.
What to look for:
Equipment Removals (removal of antiquated technology):
• Complete central office switches
• Multiple site transport networks
• Data centers
• Wireless networks
• Complete power plants (AC & DC)
• HVACs & fire suppression gear (if necessary)
Cable Mining (removal of unwanted cable within central offices):
• Professionally and safely remove unnecessary cables
• Assist with resale of scrap cable as well as any obsolete assets
• Recapture the space for future use
Investment Recovery Services:
• Resale of network elements, scrap, HVACs, battery strands and power plants (including removal & rigging for no longer needed generators)
• Generate sales proceeds to pay for the removal costs
• Remove and redeploy valuable equipment required for internal purposes
• Competitive and in some cases zero cost bids (never any upfront costs)