Cisco ASR 9K
Calix E7-2 EXA GPON-8 Card #100-03006
Calix E7-2 AXOS GPON-8 r2 Cards | Part#100-04665
|100-04665||E7-2 GPON-8 r2 Card||60|
Calix E7-2 AXOS GPON-8 r2
The Calix E7-2 AXOS GPON-8 r2 line card combines an ITU G.984-compliant Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) card with the AXOS network operating system built specifically for the needs of the access network to accelerate time-to-revenue, eliminate service disruptions, and reduce operational complexity for service providers. The Calix E7-2 AXOS GPON-8 r2 line card provides eight ITU G.984-compliant GPON interfaces, eight Gigabit Ethernet (GE) CSFP ports (four CSFP sockets which also support SFP modules), and four ports of integrated 10-Gigabit Ethernet (two XFP ports, two SFP+ ports).
GPON AND POINT-TO-POINT ETHERNET: The Calix E7-2 AXOS GPON-8 r2 card provides multiservice capability over IP/Ethernet-based networks. Each GPON-8 r2 provides eight GPON OLT ports that subtend up to 128 ONTs each, for a card capacity of 1024 GPON ONTs, or 2048 per E7-2 1RU chassis. An additional four SFP/CSFP sockets per card can provide high-bandwidth, point-to point Ethernet services to individual subscribers or be used to aggregate other Ethernet devices. The Calix E7-2 GPON-8 r2 card can co-exist with other Calix E7-2 AXOS line cards in a shelf.
GPON-8 r2 card features and capabilities include:
- Based on ITU G.984 GPON family of standards-including G.988
- GPON: 2.488 Gbps downstream, 1.244 Gbps upstream
- GEM (Ethernet) based GPON
- Interoperable with Calix ONTs, including the Giga Family
- Integrated 10GE and GE/2.5GE aggregation and transport
- Class B+ ODN, +28 dB link budget, up to 20 km at 32-way splits
- Class C+ ODN, +32 dB link budget with Forward Error Correction (FEC), up to 35 km at 32-way split, up to 60 km at 2-way split
- Hardened for central office and remote terminals
INTEGRATED HIGH-CAPACITY AGGREGATION: The E7-2 AXOS GPON-8 r2 card is built on a core Layer 2 and Layer 3 switch capable of full-duplex, line rate forwarding at all frame sizes and traffic types across all interfaces. Each GPON OLT port has a dedicated 2.5Gbps switch interface. Industry standard pluggable modules are used for all interfaces, including ITU G.984 compliant GPON, GE and 2.5GE optical SFP, 10GE XFP, and 10GE SFP+. The GPON-8r2 supports (4) CSFP (Compact SFP) modules that are mechanically compatible with the industry-ubiquitous SFP module. Each CSFP module supports two independent bidirectional transceivers (1490nm Tx / 1310nm Rx), each capable of operating at a 1 Gbps bi-directional rate. The SFP+ ports also support SFP modules and Direct Attach copper cables.
IP SERVICES DELIVERY: The Calix E7-2 AXOS GPON-8 r2 card delivers a full spectrum of IP access services over GPON and Point-to-Point Ethernet networks.
- Secure AES encryption on the PON
- IPTV-broadcast and Video on Demand (VoD)
- MEF compliant business services
- High-Speed Internet (HSI) access
- Voice-Native SIP/VoIP and TDM Gateway support
- T1 services
- CATV: 1550nm RF video overlay; 1610nmRF return
NETWORK RESILIENCY: All Calix E7-2 AXOS GPON-8 r2 cards support a flexible set of standards-based network topology protocols for use in aggregation, ring-based transport, and uplink.
- ITU G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS)
- ITU G.8032v2 Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS)
- IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP)
- IEEE 802.3ad/802.1AX Link Aggregation
- ITU G.983.5-Type B Protection and enhanced survivability for GPON OLTs
MOBILE BACKHAUL: With integrated network synchronization, hierarchical QoS and support for T1 services, the E7-2 AXOS GPON8 r2 card transport uncompromised mobile broadband traffic while also supporting triple play residential and MEF certified business services from a single platform. A powerful collection of classification, policing, and scheduling algorithms let operators manage per-subscriber and per-service traffic flows to maintain priority/delay/loss service differentiation within the E7 network.
SCALABLE IPTV SUPPORT: The E7 supports industry standard IGMP snooping to identify and replicate multicast video sent between the set-top box and the video distribution network, providing efficient, scalable, high-quality IPTV distribution on both GPON and Ethernet interfaces.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: Calix AXOS Software Release 3.1.3
- 8 GPON OLT ports
- 8 CSFP 1GE ports (4 CSFP sockets, also support SFP modules)
- 2 SFP+ ports supporting 10GE and GE optical modules
- 2 XFP ports supporting 10GE optical modules